Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The best kind of news

Benign.

The word says it all. I feel slight delirium as it sinks in. The imagined scenarios of absolute loss that have haunted my thoughts for several days can sink back into the shadows. The lessons we both learned about treasuring the moment, each moment, with each other and our beautiful children, can stay.

Sparkling shiraz, chocolate, a treat for dinner, my mind is whirring through possibilities as I put my happy shoes back on and start bouncing around the office.

Oh yay for benign!

15 comments:

Mark Lawrence said...

I am so, so, so glad to hear your news is good! All the best to you and yours!

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Fantastic news. And I'm so glad you've got news at last.

And as a bonus, you have discovered a yummy new treat, which I am going looking for later today. Even if it is winter.

GS said...

Congrats - hope this gets your mojo back :)

Mindy said...

Excellent news. Finally.

Anonymous said...

Oh frabjous day! Great news. Best wishes to all of you.

Jez said...

Glad to hear everything is ok mate.

boynton said...

Great news. Best wishes.

JahTeh said...

Having been in that dark place twice, I know what it's like to be given the good news.

Now for the ice-cream, chocolate and our cheers.

iODyne said...

I'm relieved too.
I have been in that place.
What doesn't destroy you, makes you STRONGER.
Everything will seem different now - in a good way.
Love to youse all.

Helen said...

[Exhales]
Relief, love to you and yours!

Penthe said...

Very glad to hear your good news.

cristy said...

Thank goodness. Yay!

Legal Eagle said...

Thank God. I have been thinking of you guys today. What a relief.

MsLaurie said...

Isn't it odd - I only know you through the computer, but I'm so pleased to hear that news!

Armagny said...

Thanks all. I appreciate the support, this feedback is one of the values of personal blogging, it goes beyond just writing for its own sake.