Monday, August 06, 2007

Weekly gay bashing

While I'm posting, a couple of days ago I swear I read that Howard was proposing to pass laws rendering illegitimate any children adopted by gay couples overseas. Anyone heard more?

I see this one sneaking up, suddenly being out there, suddenly being rubber-stamped by the ALP, and I'll be in the biggest crisis of my loyalties since Tampa. I have never been able to discern a single, rational thread within any argument put forward by those who verbally abuse, are intolerant of, or want to restrict the rights of anyone with a slightly non-mainstream sexual orientation. Where are the right's libertarians when you need them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why shouldn't gays have the displeasure of having to change dirty nappies, put up with screaming toddlers, seeing their teenager kids make really REALLY dumb decisions, etc.?

Splatters said...

The correct response to Tampa was to leave. Being loyal to any particular party is an exercise in compromise. Better to be a political whore.

Shelley said...

Illegitimate? How? Surely you don't mean in the old-fashioned way.

I'm with splatterbottom on the political whoredom - right up until I form the Nailpolishblues, Empress of the World party then I am all for loyalty to me.

Armagnac Esq said...

"Illegitimate? How? Surely you don't mean in the old-fashioned way."

Well, yes in a sense. Basically refusing to recognise the parentage of the same sex couple.

Unknown said...

If little johnny passes legislation that makes the adopted children of gay parents illegitimate would that prevent them from being baptized and receiving holy communion? When the children die, will they be prevented from going to heaven. What right does he have to do that. Depriving children the right to raise free cashflow from the toothfairy and receive investment in the form of capital goods from santa is beyond the pail. how many days does little johhny have left anyway.
Oh, prevent gays from adopting?
Doesn't he already prevent gay marriage?