Sunday, November 19, 2006

Work Warbles and Pussy Action

I work. I eat, I sleep and I work again.

Adapting is hardest for the cats, because while I may be phenomenally lazy when it comes to matters of domestic duty I have infinite patience for watching the cats play outside, scratching the sweet spot just behind or in front of their ears, throwing balls of paper or swinging Mr Bear (bear on a string, 'nuff said!).

Here's why:

"Luk Mao, itf a biwd I can eatst!"

I know, they aren't the cutest cats ever in the whole world, I just happen to be biased.

I am busy, I neglect my blog, cats, guitar, wife, other important matters. Not in any order of importance, I hasten to add. I'm not having a Leunig moment.

My cases are interesting. But I've gone in at a decent level so the expectation's on to get up to speed. The law in this field is vast and dense; I'm enjoying the intellectual challenge but it's intimidating. I read the work of others and I find errors of law. I set higher and higher bars for myself and find there isn't enough time in the day.

There is never, ever enough time in the day.

6 comments:

Zoe said...

Heh. I know I run the risk of pissing you off, but if you think you have no time now, Just You Wait.

xx

Ampersand Duck said...

And you're going to get a hell of a lot of Google action with that winner of a post title :)

Armagnac Esq said...

It was the furthest thing from my mind!

Zoe, no doubt- friends who've just had a son describe 'a cyclone'...

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Is it just a trick angle, or is Minh actually bigger than Mao these days?

Minister assisting the Minister said...

The work thing will calm down as your big brain takes it all in and orders it about...
Your girlchild will be fabulous and you'll take up your work's generous work/life balance and spend your life days blowing raspberries in her belly and enjoying her giggles.
Lucky you.

Armagnac Esq said...

Rachy, people will think I've got you pregnant!